What's new

Help on part I'm modeling in Alibre

Art K

I am working on the bell housing for George Britnell's flat head V8. I have a large portion of it done but can't figure my way out of the corner I've painted myself into.

1660512480488.png
The highlighted portion is my problem. I want to in essence extrude cut that as part of the rectangle below it into the radius corner.
1660513134882.png
This is another view. I originally drew the highlighted drawing and extruded it into the rest of the bell housing. What I'm wondering is if I should have drawn it on the plane .030" below the top surface and extruded it as a dual depth? Any help would be appreciated.
Art

GHolzer

I'm sorry, I am having a hard time understanding what you are trying to do. Are you trying to make the crescent radius flush with the blue rectangle surface, or is there some other geometry you are trying to create? Have you tried extruding to Surface or maybe just use a fillet?

Ken226

Alibre Super User
If you can provide the part file your working on it would be easier to help.

Otherwise, best guess would be to try what GHolzer suggested. Extrude to geometry.

An example:

As you can see here, "To Depth" doesn't match the angled surface i want to extrude to.
1660515743634.png

But,

"To Geometry" extrudes it to match the angled face im extruding to:
1660515820856.png

Or, cut down to the spherical face.

1660516353156.png

Last edited:

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Hard to tell exactly what is being shown but if that is the end face of a fillet then I'd look into removing the fillet and applying it near the end of the design.
You didn't mention what version of Alibre you have but another thing that may be used is Remove Face if you have AD Expert

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Unless the suggestions given so far lead you to a solution I'd have to agree with Ken and suggest that you upload the model so the actual problem can be visualized. Once seen it is likely a simple task to accomplish what you want done.