What's new

HOLE, CENTER TO CENTER MEASURMENT. HOW DO I?

Randy_m

The title pretty much says it all. I have searched the forums without success. I want to measure center of hole to center of hole in a part or assembly, but I can't figure it out. any help would be appreciated.

albie0803

Alibre Super User
In a part or assembly, click on the ruler at the right of the very top command bar. Click the edge of the 2 circles and the XYZ and shortest distance will be shown in the window

idslk

Alibre Super User
How do I show that green reference line in my measurement?
It should be own by default (and as far as i know could not be turned off...). The color could be adjusted (Preview Color):
1640468295706.png

If you can not see the line, you maybe have to adjust the viewing angle to the design. The line is eventually projected to a level which isn't in your actual view area.
I use therefor the view buttons in the window top left corner 1640468773655.png to not cancel the selection of objects. If you use the cube, the selection will be cleared...

Regards
Stefan

Randy_m

It should be own by default (and as far as i know could not be turned off...). The color could be adjusted (Preview Color):
View attachment 34946

If you can not see the line, you maybe have to adjust the viewing angle to the design. The line is eventually projected to a level which isn't in your actual view area.
I use therefor the view buttons in the window top left corner View attachment 34947 to not cancel the selection of objects. If you use the cube, the selection will be cleared...

Regards
Stefan
Thank you very much.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
You can also select Projected on Plane and select a plane to project the witmess line on. This helps since sometime the witness line is way off in space and difficult to find.

In this example the top face is selected for projecting the line on:
projected on plane.png

Andy

There is another short way of doing it without opening the measurement box. click on the first hole making sure you select the hole and not one of its edges, hold down the shift key and select the second hole and the centre distance will be shown in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
If you select the edges of the hole it will tell you the nearest distance between the holes. Unfortunately you do not get the green line in either case.
1648631764659.png