What's new

How do I get started with Keyshot?

pcomp

Have latest Alibre & Keyshot 8.2 installed. Can't figure out how to license Keyshot. Is there any basic getting started documentation?

Thanks,

Stephen

DBC

Don't know if you have tried this, or just tried importing via KeyShot. But you have to bring your model directly into KeyShpt via Alibre. With your model open, go to the render tab and select render. It should open keyshot and the file will come on-screen in keyshot.

Attachments

• Screen-0020.jpg
    Screen-0020.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 20

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Have latest Alibre & Keyshot 8.2 installed. Can't figure out how to license Keyshot. Is there any basic getting started documentation?
Did you download the Keyshot for CAD from the Alibre downloads site? Licencing should be automatic if you have an active Alibre license. Have you rebooted your machine since install?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Simon is correct - an Alibre Design Expert licence should activate Keyshot for Alibre.

Keyshot must be installed AFTER Alibre has been installed and activated. Occasionally we see issues with environment Variables that need to be addressed where other products have previously been installed.

If offered an update during Keyshot install, don't accept it - wait until after Keyshot is installed to check for updates.

JST

Alibre Super User
And, you should have the option of exporting a BIP file, and separately opening Keyshot without Alibre open.

I find that useful, Keyshot is faster that way, my system is fairly easy to overload. I keep it because it has a big screen..