What's new

How do I select all visible parts in an assembly?

eron

I have an assembly with a lot of parts and I need to select all the visible parts and delete them. Pressing Ctrl-A selects all the parts, including the hidden ones. Is there an easier way to do this than de-selecting each hidden part individually in the design explorer?
Thank you

I have an assembly with a lot of parts and I need to select all the visible parts and delete them. Pressing Ctrl-A selects all the parts, including the hidden ones. Is there an easier way to do this than de-selecting each hidden part individually in the design explorer?
Stepping through the Design Explorer component listing and selecting (which "highlights" the selected component) can be used to Delete multiple Parts and Assemblies with relative ease.

eron

Thanks for the recommendation Lew. I have been using the design explorer but with 800 components it is too time consuming to delete them one at a time. I just found the best way to do it is to suppress the parts I want to keep. Then deselect "Suppressed parts/assemblies" from the view menu. Finally, select the first part and scroll to the bottom of the list and select the last part while holding shift. Then press Delete. Then show the suppressed parts again and unsupress them.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Here is an AlibreScript to do that. Use at your own risk - I'm using an undocumented and unsupported ability in AlibreScript.

Attachments

• Select Not Hidden.py
    628 bytes · Views: 16