What's new

How to delete images from the Media section?

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I want to delete some of my images in Media to make room to upload some new ones. There used to be a Delete option for images posted in the Media section. Now all I see is an option to select for Moderation. What is moderation? o_O And where or how can I delete some old images?

1661044900510.png

Max

Administrator
Staff member
I can poke around it later to figure out deletion. Out of curiosity, what do you mean "make room"? Are you seeing a limit being hit from the forum?

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Out of curiosity, what do you mean "make room"? Are you seeing a limit being hit from the forum?
I get a message that I have or will be exceeding my limit if I upload another image.. I recall there used to be a delete option because I have deleted some images in the past to make space for some new ones, but now I only see a check box to "Select for moderation", whatever that is. Selecting it doesn't seem to do anything.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Hi Harold,
You put on the Media an image without permission of SW.. or I am wrong.
1661196914830.png

Max

Administrator
Staff member
I recall there used to be a delete option because I have deleted some images in the past to make space for some new ones, but now I only see a check box to "Select for moderation", whatever that is. Selecting it doesn't seem to do anything.

Click on the picture and then go to the delete from the menu on the right:

1661201564272.png

I get a message that I have or will be exceeding my limit if I upload another image.
I think this is a total file size limit. It was set to 100 MB. I have set it to 200 MB. However, I notice you have quite a few PNG files, and for example an animated GIF that is 8MB alone. So, I would suggest in the future that you save things as JPGs, preferably with 80% compression, and you will get hundreds of images out of the newly minted 100MB extra for you. Please confirm you can upload again.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Click on the picture and then go to the delete from the menu on the right:
Yeah, I don't get a Delete option.:confused:

1661205405884.png

But I can upload images again. Thanks for the pointer on image format. I seem to recall some info on the forum about using PNG as a preferred format for uploading to the forum. But I could be wrong on that.

Attachments

• 1661205358802.png
    1661205358802.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hey @Max , any word on this yet?
You should be able to do this.

Click on the picture itself so you are viewing it alone instead of in the context of all the others. Can you then delete it?

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Not yet, still waiting to see if @Max was able to find out how to add "DELETE" to the More Options drop down.
There used to be one cuz' I deleted images before. But when the forum got updated that changed.

There is an option for albums to Select for moderation, which from what I can find out, means a forum moderator needs to take care of it. I suppose in some instances you need the forum moderator to delete items but that shouldn't be the case for albums that you create.

Maybe it's some sort of hierarchy thing that needs to be satisfied.

Ken226

Alibre Super User
Ok. Thanks for the info, I'll wait and fix it after the media section is updated to allow editing.

Btw, I was able to get that hammertone finish in keyshot. They have a geed selection of stuff available for download from Keyshot's cloud library.