What's new

How to set default font of tables

Hunter

I cannot find a (the?) setting for changing the default font of tables in the DRW environment; or I'm doing something wrong.

My tables default to Arial 9pt, but I want the tables to default to a different font and size. Anyone know how to do this?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry - I don't think you can currently do that. The majority of 2D Drawing settings are inherited from properties the template used. So typically you set the properties that you want in your preferred template. However, there doesn't seem to be an available setting that corresponds to table font....

[EDIT - there is a way to do this, see my post of July 14th below ]

Last edited:

Hunter

Thanks, I didn't think so but hoped it was perhaps simply a matter of editing a text or config file somewhere.

I'm busy creating a drawing template and that's one of the last snags I ran into. I'm not done with my template yet, but as far as drawing templates go, Alibre is FAR easier to use for configuring templates than some other software I've used.

I wanted to use the table for my revision block, but I'll make use of custom symbols for that.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
I've tagged this to a similar issue elsewhere, where we already have an Enhancement suggestion logged.

M00m137

This is probably already logged, but also table border line weights - I'm looking at doing the exact same thing to our drawing frame at the moment, and in the display, even with the table set to "regular" outline, it looks like it will be more heavily outlined than the rest of my frame (and I've confirmed that with a pdf).
I originally created a custom symbol for a single line of my revision block, thinking I would simply add them as needed, but that seems buggy - after adding one, if I added another then it would modify the text in the original one.

I guess I will have to either play "guess the line thickness" and increase the line thicknesses of everything else in the frame, or create a custom symbol for the entire table, which seems like the torture of Tantalus when is a "table" tool, just out of reach..

+1 for the font thing, too.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
If table is in a drawing template - you can select all cells and set font for them all at once.

For table line weight - right click the table - Set Layer. The layer properties will control the line weight. You may need to create a new layer just for your table.

M00m137

darn, wish i'd thought of that. Pretty much ended up doing the exact inverse i.e. setting the frame to a layer and then adjusting line thicknesses. Thanks anyway :)

Hunter

I also stopped using a symbol for the rev table, it just doesn't work. Now using a Table and and then set it to a Drawing Border layer.