What's new

How to update Add On for Alibre 2017 and Keyshot Pro v7.1.51

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
On the Luxion web site it says to check with Alibre for updates to the add on. From what I see here you can only get the add on if you buy the Keyshot for Alibre package. Is there a separate add on for Keyshot?
I got mine so long ago that I can't recall how. It seems to just be a part of Alibre Design.

So the question is...how do I update or upgrade it to the latest version (if there is one) to run with my install of KS Pro v7.1.51?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Juts 'check for updates' from inside Keyshot - it should automatically check for and offer to download updates (regardless of if your licence is fro the CAD (Alibre) or Pro version.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
The "Check for updates" in Keyshot will only check for Keyshot updates. Keyshot Pro will not automatically (afaik) add any Plugins or Add Ons that operate the Live Linking between Keyshot and Alibre. That, I think, only happens when Keyshot for Alibre Design is installed. The only way I can think of that the add on got installed was back when I first installed Bunkspeed Hypershot and it has just stayed integrated in Alibre thru all of its updates and upgrades.

On the Keyshot download page Alibre is one of a dozen programs that are listed as having 3rd party Plugins. Luxion creates the Plugins for eleven other CAD and modeling programs. These plugins are a separate install from both Keyshot and the program the plugin is created for. Maybe an explanation of how the add on works inside Alibre would help. Does Alibre look for Keyshot and load the plugin or just automatically adds Keyshot to the menu and ribbon?

If Alibre made a separate plugin/add on for Keyshot then this would be answered already. Why that didn't happen is a decision made a long time ago. Was it easier to just remove some of the file types that Keyshot could import/open than to create an add on or plugin like that used for SolidWorks and others?