What's new

How to use Alibre 2d drawing tools

TomB

I would like a article or even a linked way to go through the Knowledge Base that explores and illustrates how to use these tools. Years ago I remember reading such a monolog but I can no longer find it or a way to recreate it.

TomB

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member

TomB

Today I'm looking at going from a 3D model to build drawings. I have Alibre Design. I started last night and read all of the Knowledge Base starting at the title '2D Drawings' and finished at the end although some of the last sections were probably not thoughtfully read as after 16 hours I was too tired.

After reading all the notes on the various sections I think I have a better understanding of the product and I have thought of things I might want to try without benefit of a 3D model but that is clearly a very secondary objective.

Thursday when I wrote the query I was looking for a way into the mass of somewhat unconnected notes that seemed to be the 2D drawing documentation. I was seeing the documentation of the 2D product as lots of unorganized web response pages accessible by formulating search queries. Yesterday at about noon I discovered I could click on the little arrow head on the left side of the physical display and it expanded into a list of all the headers in the documentation, i.e. a path through the moras. (I never understand why Alibre likes to keep secret - features that might help someone understand the product.) I would have thought that a one paragraph explanation of the little arrow on the left would have been a very complete answer to my query.

distroy

Is there a way to import a 2d drawing into Alibre Atom3d? For instance, front view onto xy plane, side view on the yz plane and top view on the xz plane. And then link the three views.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
You can import 2D DXF or DWG into the drawing workspace. From there you can extract geometry for re-use in 2D sketch of part workspace.

This video relates to an older version of Alibre Design, but the basic approach is valid for Atom3D too.