What's new

How to zoom fit ?

badbunny

Hi, I am feeling really dumb not being able to find the answers to these simple questions on my own. I cannot figure out how to zoom fit in Atom3D. The online help says:

upload_2020-9-22_22-25-9.png

...but I can't see any of what it describes in the interface.
Also in the help it shows a keyboard shortcuts in the prefs:

upload_2020-9-22_22-32-28.png

...but I can't see that either, and also the default shortcuts section in the manual doesn't list a shorcut key for this.

I found some mention of HOME being a shortcut for zoom fit online but that doesn't seem to work.

Thanks,
Pete.

Nick952

Do you have these two Icons above the ribbon?

Screenshot 2020-09-22 224429.jpg

I have Expert so don't know exactly what is or isn't available in Atom.

badbunny

It doesn't list it in the keyboard shortcuts in the manual, and there isn't a shortcuts section in the prefs.
Maybe Atom3D doesn't have zoom to fit?! Quite disappointing if it doesn't.

Pete.

albie0803

Alibre Super User
It's very annoying for us who have Design, when trying to help in situations like this, that we can't see how far Atom has been cut down.

I hope zoom via mouse scrolling works, that's all I ever use.

badbunny

I think part of the issue might be that the online help in Atom3D hasn't been modified from the Design help, so is listing things that don't exist, which is highly confusing to a new user. Fortunately mouse scroll does work for zoom or I would have given up already :)

Pete.

I think part of the issue might be that the online help in Atom3D hasn't been modified from the Design help
Hi Pete -- And the Alibre Design (pretend) "On-Line Help" is a nigh complete and total waste of time and energy!!! -- Lew [Edited to change "night" into "nigh." -- Lew]

Last edited:

simonb65

Alibre Super User
I think part of the issue might be that the online help in Atom3D hasn't been modified from the Design help, so is listing things that don't exist, which is highly confusing to a new user.
I find the same frustrations with some other application I use. The help should either be built for the version it's supplied with (conditional pages) or each function/feature should have an icon at the top of the page showing what it is applicable to. i.e ...

upload_2020-9-23_10-40-38.png

The one thing the user should be able to rely on 100% is the help document, after all, it's not much help if it's wrong or bad information!

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I find the same frustrations with some other application I use. The help should either be built for the version it's supplied with (conditional pages) or each function/feature should have an icon at the top of the page showing what it is applicable to. i.e ...

View attachment 31633

The one thing the user should be able to rely on 100% is the help document, after all, it's not much help if it's wrong or bad information!
Simon, if you haven't already, you may want to send your pic and info to Support. After seeing the Tuesday Tip on Alibre's Facebook I sent in a Help Manual update request about the Replace Component dialog not having all the options explained. I'm told that it was logged as an enhancement request. If you reference ticket #44408 they may append your ticket to it.