What's new

HP Stream 14 for Alibre 2019 ??!!

Jim C

No, I’m not kidding, the HP 14” Stream works quite well with Alibre 2019. Ok, it’s not the fastest but definitely a usable computer to take to the coffee shop, throw it in the truck or car or covered wagon. Nice part it is not so expensive that if something happens it is not a disaster.

The particular model that I have is the HP Stream Laptop 14-cb113wm and was purchased from, where else, Amazon. And if you decide to get their credit card you may pay about $150 for the computer. First of all the computer has a very limited amount of usable Ram, about 3.8GB and 28GB of storage. So the best bet is to have most of your data on a USB drive and use the computer storage for programs and data that is accessed often or a particular part of a design you are working on.

In order to install non-Microsoft approved software it is necessary to change from Win 10s to Win 10 Home, both 64 bit operating systems and relatively easy to do. The latest version of Alibre installed without a problem and even ran acceptably well with the newer graphics without much drop in performance. I reverted to the legacy and on a 14” screen there wasn’t a real difference.

I will be happy to answer any questions and want to say that my experience is limited to this particular model.

Jim C