What's new

Import Surface

Hi all,

I'm trying to bring in a surface, either igs or 3dm. Either it thinks about brings in something because the reference planes expand to suit it's size but I can't see anything. I've reset all my colours, changed the background. Tried it with and without a solid in the part body as well.
Has anyone else noticed this? Am I doing something wrong other than going to the surface tab and selecting import surface?

Cheers

I was going to but I ended up making a surface as a test and importing that. So just made a block saved as a igs and brought in.

So it's literally anything. Sorry should've mentioned that in the first post.
All surfaces were opened in moi3d first and checked

Could you try this surface? Just made this in moi 3d and imported it and got a blank screen again

Attachments

• surf1.igs
    6.8 KB · Views: 9

Latitude

Is this what it looks like? Imports fine for me.

1658127359655.png

Attached the Alibre file too in case it helps.

Attachments

• surf1.AD_PRT
    243 KB · Views: 0

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I was able to open it in v25, Odd that it is not listed in the Surfaces section of the DE. :confused:

is tihis a surface.png

Then when I suppressed the imported "surface" and used Insert Surface I got this:

(edit): The Surfaces needs to be expanded to see it listed there.

Inserted Surface.png

Last edited:
Strange. So if I do, file open it loads fine. If I go to the surfaces tab, and do insert surface it loads something, does the plane extension behaviour and displays nothing.
Are your examples file, open or insert surface?

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Are your examples file, open or insert surface?
I used both. When I Open I get the first image, When I use Insert Surface I get the second image. I just tried Insert again on a new part file and nothing is displayed although the planes change size to indicate that "something" got inserted. This is very odd.

Turn this in to Support to see what they have to say about it.

Thanks for the onsite, it is odd. I just changed to vet and didn't have issues in v2r so I'll pop it over to support and see what they make of it.
Has it been know for support to release updates/patches sort of thing?
I'm pretty new to Alibre

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Do either of you experiencing this issue use computers with dual video adapters?

I've not been able to replicate the problem on my single adapter system. I have though been dealing with another visibility issue, that seems to be linked to graphics adapter settings.

albie0803

Alibre Super User
I did what Harold did and the surface came in fine both ways and inserting after opening and suppressing the igs file also worked fine.

Kind of, do it through the nvidia control panel. You basically select the same thing, built in or nvidia and it's on nvidia. I've tested on both, and opening the surface file - open works ok. Insert surface does not show anything.
This is me opening it, loads fine. Then trying to import, doesn't load. Then thicken seems to work. Seems the add surface might not function the same as the load options.

Attachments

• 2022-07-18_11-54-11-451.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 0
Yeah it's on. I might try a total re install and get everything back to default see what happens. Thanks for the help and time everyone. I will check back in once I've done a reinstall of the software. Also will try on my server which is just a graphics card and not a dual set up.

Cheers