What's new

Importing SVG with v28 Atom3D

silver2row

Hello,

I am currently trying to import a SVG file but it has some bitmap effects in it. Anyway, it is coming out like this idea:

ULL_SVG_ALIBRE.png

And I figured it would look closer to this idea:

ULL_SVG.png

If anyone has any guidance on importing, please let me know.

Seth

silver2row

Nice @domcm ,

Mine too! I got it done in '11. Anyway, here is the svg.

Seth

P.S. For some reason, the SVG keeps saving it as an .html file. Let me check again. And...I am not sure if this site allows for uploading .svg files.

silver2row

@domcm ,

I found a site online to test the .svg and see the .xml source too. Would you the link to the site or should I just C & P the .xml source to this site?

Seth

domcm

@silver2row

If you can, just attach the SVG file (using the Attach files feature) so others can look at it too. You will need to convert the SVG to a ZIP file since SVG files are not an allowed attachment type on the forum.

Stuart

I gave up on SVG import. They all look fine opened in the browser, but they all look like yours when imported. I tried creating the SVG with different options but never found any that would work for the import. I ended up converting them to DXF and import them into a 2D drawing, then copy paste into a 3D design.

silver2row

I will keep trying. All I can do so far is alter the .svg code, see the .svg file in the browser locally, and upload it to sites.

I cannot .zip the .svg or .svg(s) into a compressed state for some reason on this computer.

Seth

P.S. I will keep at it and try to upload it via a .zip compressed file soon (that is if I can figure out how on this desktop).

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
P.S. I will keep at it and try to upload it via a .zip compressed file soon (that is if I can figure out how on this desktop).
Right click on the file in explorer and select Send to>Compressed folder. You may see the zip file with the name field open and ready for you to enter a name. Otherwise your zip file should be in the same folder.

silver2row

Right, no sir. I understand completely. It is just not working on this computer for whatever reason. BIOS update needed or something but this computer with Alibre v28 will not allow me to .zip the .svg file.

I will keep trying in time.

Seth

dwarner33

Hello,

I am currently trying to import a SVG file but it has some bitmap effects in it. Anyway, it is coming out like this idea:

View attachment 41983

And I figured it would look closer to this idea:

View attachment 41984

If anyone has any guidance on importing, please let me know.

Seth
I downloaded this file you are showing and then loaded it into inkscape and exported it as an .svg but when I tried to load it into alibre v28 it stated it was an unsupported format

silver2row

Yeppers, that may be the error I am getting to not control that specific file. I am not sure though, i.e. as I get no error. It just does nothing. Point in case...

Seth

P.S. That attachment is a .png or .jpeg. It is not the actual .svg file, i.e. as I cannot .zip that file to this forum since my computer is acting up for now.

dwarner33

I downloaded this file you are showing and then loaded it into inkscape and exported it as an .svg but when I tried to load it into alibre v28 it stated it was an unsupported format
I was able to load it as a .png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-16 235231.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-06-16 235231.jpg
    371.7 KB · Views: 6

silver2row

Right, I am using an older version of CorelDraw (I think x7) to export the file to .svg format. I can try with inkscape. It may be a while before I get my hands on their source and put it on this desktop.

Seth

silver2row

Now, out of nowhere, this computer wants to listen!

Seth

P.S. I left in a .svg if anyone can use it. It is for a notebook made of wood or plastic...

Attachments

• ULL_O.zip
    773.4 KB · Views: 5

silver2row

svg_import_one.png

Okay...I am making headway here but...

As you can see, this is as close to a professional plaque as I can do for now. Any insight or guidance is welcomed.

Seth

silver2row

Not well. I got that one already and the trace was outlandish at best. I need to keep hacking at it. I tried a simpler example with just larger letters and a simple graphic. I could not get that one either.

I have got them to register on the Alibre Atom3D source, i.e. which is promising. I just do not know enough yet to fully compile everything effeciently with success.

Seth

P.S. Here is another example which I would have thought would have gotten me a cleaner etching around the letters and some of the black on white motif. I am trying 1-bit B & W for sound results. Is this a normal approach or does the Alibre source expect something other than 1-bit B & W? Oh and the photo of the results.

ULL_SVG_JPG.jpg

silver2row

I did notice one entity when promoting the Import SVG dialog. The source, Alibre Atom3D, kicks me out of Sketch Mode and back into the previous mode I came from (at the time)...

I think it will be difficult if anything for me so far.

Seth

P.S. Anyway, no issue. I will keep trying when I return. Later for now. Thank you to everyone pitching in and trying to make me understand.

domcm

@silver2row

1) When I open the SVG file you posted, it appears to contain only bitmap data which Alibre cannot import into sketcher
2) I opened the SVG file you posted in Corel v2023, traced the bitmap to vector, exported the vector out of Corel to SVG, and then imported into Alibre. I saw the same jumbled mess with the SVG import. Not sure if it is a Corel issue or Alibre issue
3) I exported the traced bitmap out of Corel in AutoCAD DWG format which imported fine into Alibre. I attached the DWG file

Attachments

• ULL.dwg
    366.5 KB · Views: 3