What's new

In light of recent posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
I am told that here are people inside Geomagic / 3DS who believe this forum should not exist.

If the forum were to disappear I believe that would be a very sad day for users, and ultimately for the Geomagic Design product. I believe that an honest and realistic discussion of the product (including faults and shortcomings) can be an excellent advertisement as well as a great learning resource and feedback tool.

If the discussion degenerates to the level seen in some recent threads, I fear we could lose the forum.

As a moderator I remove the accounts of obvious spammers on a regular basis. I am very reluctant to delete either posts or accounts belonging to real users of the product. This forum (unlike many others) doesn't seem to have an easy to find set of rules - but I'm sure many of you will be aware of behaviour standards expected widely on an open forum.

If a user account appears to have been hijacked by a Troll, then moderators may have to consider banning the user or deleting the account (and possibly all posts connected to it). This would be a PITA to have to do, and a determined Troll would come back anyway.

Please don't pass ammunition to those who would prefer to remove this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.