What's new

Initial context for Alibre Script

markporter

I can't find a way to launch the Alibre Script console without it being in the context of a part or assembly. Am I missing something here? If I create a new part, then load and run the first tutorial example it creates a further part "test" with my original part being redundant.

ajayre

Alibre Super User
AlibreScript doesn't exist independently of a part or assembly. In a script you have two choices:
  1. Work with the current part or assembly using
    Code:
    P = CurrentPart()
    or
    Code:
    P = CurrentAssembly()
  2. Work with a new part or assembly by creating it or opening it
Most of the current examples we written for the predecessor WizoScript which was a separate application and therefore those examples always use option two, as option one was not available/possible at the time.

Andy

markporter

My concern (or confusion) is that I start with the Alibre Script console in the window of New Part(1), then any new parts created have their own new window which does not by default have the Alibre Script embedded. If I launch the Alibre Script console from the window of the part that AS created, it does not have the script that created it open. I have to hop back to the redundant New Part (1) window to read my script, and then back again to the AS-created part to see the effect that the script had.

ajayre

Alibre Super User
You can drag the script tab and it will pop out of the part window into it's own window.