What's new

Invisible constraints

beastro

Good afternoon,

I just stumbled over the fact that in sketch view some constraints are not documented with symbols and therefore cannot be deleted. Is there a way to make them visible or to somehow select them?

Thanks

Berthold

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
If you are referring to co-incident constraints, you can hold down the Ctrl key and then drag figure away to 'break' the co-incident constraint.

jfleming

Alibre Super User
I'd love for there to be a "list" of the sketch constraints that you could go down thru and delete as needed.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
You probably have seen this before, but you can also select which constraints you want applied. From the Sketch menu while in an active sketch:

Snap Settings.png

And it appears that your settings are applied across Part and Sheet Metal, if you have that.

WLehmann

@HaroldL thanks for pointing to that dialog box!
I had never seen it and spent 15 min. trying to find it, only to realize that it's apparently only available using the 'classic' menus (which I had not used for years).
The post above actually pointed into that direction, if you took it word for word.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
That dialog can also be accessed by keyboard shortcut or custom toolbar button but both of those options will require you to set it up in advance.