What's new

Is anyone useing the Anet A8 printer with Alibre?

Eagle_view

I just downloaded the new program, sure glad that it is again Alibre, started with them a long long time ago. We sold our CNC machines and retired but with grandkids and stuff, I decided to get back into the mix with a 3D printer and will have an ANET A8 on Wednesday. I haven't gone into the XML file yet, I was hoping that someone had already done that.

Thanks again for an update for Alibre.

Lowell

bigseb

Alibre Super User
I updated the xml file a couple of times for other Alibre'ers. Its a bit of a pain as it isn't very straightforward but not impossible. Not sure if Alibre is going to continue the 3D printing functionality.

Eagle_view

It would be a shame if they drop their support of what will be the biggest new market of 3D modeling use that we have ever seen. I know the process must be a chore. Maybe a tool could be developed that would allow others to expand their printer list for their own install. You might approach J. Prusa and see if he would have any ideas. The RepRap his MK2 and the Chinese knockoffs (his stuff is all open source) are flying off the shelves. I have looked at some other software packages but came back to Alibre because I know that it works for the other CNC work that I used it for. A link from his site to Alibre's would funnel a lot of new excited users that could lead to a lot of sales. Thank you for looking at it.

Eagle_view

OK I understand that these features are left over from 3D Systems period. I had a pleasant discussion with Alex this morning about this, he called me. Very happy to hear that you are progressing well with getting Alibre back to what it was and still can be.

Here is to the very best year that Alibre has ever had.

Lowell