What's new

Is there a free viewer?

Is that still available? It doesn't appear so from the front page - there is talk of a demo but not the Express that was available before.

nio

You should be aware of that Xpress is still running v8.2 at the moment and that it has limited parts.

for pro users there is the modelpress publisher.

nio

andrzej

Re: Is there a free viewer?

kdenninger said:
for Alibre files?

Solidworks has one... wondering if there is one for Alibre.....

Hi, ALL
I am use Hoops3d or eDrawings to Alibre presentation.
eDrawings work very fine ( freeware viwer read *.hsf file from Hoops )
You must install Hoops and eDrawings free Viwer,next export from Alibre file like *.sat .Read this file in Hoops and Save as.. *.hsf file.
This files are reading in eDrawings and Hoops .
( eDrawings is a small version of Hoops and use the same kernal )
See:
http://www.alibre.com/forums/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

Regards
Andrzej

moyesboy

Alibre Super User

xpress will work fine as a viewer, it will open large assemblies in read only.
However the user will be able to see everything, all the feature history of all your parts and every component. This may not be what you want - in which case you are better using the hsf/modelpress route.
The user could also perhaps delete parts from the assembly down to the parts limit and then edit the parts save them and send you them back.

Note that as mentioned before currently xpress is out of step with v9 so you can't currently exchange files with xpress unless you are still running v8.2, but I assume v9 express will come shortly.

At Alibre.com there are not so many links to xpress. If you found alibre xpress though download.com or suchlike then you will be linked to alibre.com/express and there are lots of directions how to upgrade to the paid versions!

indesign

Alibre Super User

I guess they are waiting to get the kinks worked out on the full versions before they start having al the xpress users make the move. You can always export a dumb blank and open in the SW viewer as well.