What's new

Joint Creator

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Something I find confusing about the Joint Creator script is the naming of the parts. In the UI the two selections are Tab Part and Base Part but in the script they are called Pins and Slots. I know that the Pins are at the edges of the part but to select the correct part is the issue. It would be nice it the UI selection was for Pin Part and Slot Part.
Can the naming be made more consistent so users can know which part will have the Pins and which one the Slots.

Another thing I found is that the sketches created for cuts are not constrained or dimensioned. How big a task would it be to create dimensions so the sketches could be edited/resized without having to delete everything and rerun the script? :mad:

As a side note, I have read on various woodworking web sites that the naming differs slightly. Pins are mostly called Pins but can be called Fingers. The Slots range from Slots to Sockets to Slots. :confused:

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Dimensions and constraints are difficult but not impossible to script. They require precise prior examination of exactly how things will be performed - and some trial and error testing when that doesn't work as planned. I know I haven't done it yet in any of my released scripts.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Here's another "request" for the Joint Creator script. I needed to change the depth of the slots and, of course. there were a lot of sketch figures to constrain and dimension. (a royal pain).

After all the discussions on the forum about using Feature Patterns instead of Sketch Patterns is there anyway the script can be modified to use Feature patterns instead of Sketch patterns?

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
After all the discussions on the forum about using Feature Patterns instead of Sketch Patterns is there anyway the script can be modified to use Feature patterns instead of Sketch patterns?
No feature patterns are not available for creation in the API. Neither are assembly patterns but that's a different topic.