What's new

Just discovered Ideamaker...

bigseb

Alibre Super User
And first impressions are good :). It was recommended by a fellow CR-X user as Ultimaker appear to have totally mucked-up dual extrusion printing with their latest versions of Cura. Anyway, Ideamaker is a slicer by the folks at Raise3D. It appears to be very similar to S3D apart from the fact that it is free. As with S3D there are a lot of settings but unlike S3D I can actually get some decent prints off it. So far. Have yet to try dual printing but as I say, first impressions very promising.

If you want you can download it HERE

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Had a few days to play with it now and I am blown away. Getting excellent results and falling in love with my CR-X all over again. Here is a photo of a 40mm3 dual colour calibration cube and it came out perfect. Per-fect!!

20200120_191019.jpg

oldfox

Alibre Super User
WOW! That really looks great. Since I only have a single extruder machine, I don't usually bother with anything associated with dual
extruders. I would like to look at this slicer and maybe play with it a little bit. What version are you using or would you suggest?
I never use Beta versions. (except for Alibre) :D

bigseb

Alibre Super User
WOW! That really looks great. Since I only have a single extruder machine, I don't usually bother with anything associated with dual
extruders. I would like to look at this slicer and maybe play with it a little bit. What version are you using or would you suggest?
I never use Beta versions. (except for Alibre) :D
Visit the link. There are both stable and beta releases for Windows, Mac and Linux. My opinion of this software is that it on the same level as S3D, maybe easier to set-up. What solicer are you using at the moment?

oldfox

Alibre Super User
What solicer are you using at the moment?

Cura 4.4.1 I'm still learning and I think that the real learning curve is just lying in wait for me just down the road. I'm slowly getting there.
So much to learn, so little time.

What OS are you using it on?