What's new

Keyboard shortcut Edit Root Assembly

I found how to make a shortcut for Edit Part\Sub Assembly, can I make one for Edit Root Assembly ? It would be great to have a searchable feature for Keyboard shortcuts, or have access to an xml file with all the commands.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Doesn't your edit part/sub-assembly shortcut work if you select the top level assembly ...?

Thanks for your suggestion, I tried but unfortunatly no, it is not working, and I can't seems to find the Edit Root Assembly in shortcuts

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
If you click on the Save icon or use Ctrl+S while in the Edit Here mode you will be returned to the main assembly and the Save dialog will be displayed. You can then Save or Cancel at that point.

I tried F10, E, Shift-E as shortcut, and it works to edit part, but when I select the root Assembly in the tree, I cannot get back to the root assembly with the same shortcut.
The Ctrl-S trick works.
Thanks for these suggestions

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
I tested with 'Ctrl+Page Down' as the shortcut, which worked to both edit the part and to return to the (selected) root assembly. Most letter keys I considered were already in use as shortcuts.