What's new

KeyShot 2.0?

GaretDH

Got the email from Alibre this morning about the 12.1 build update with .BIP export. Sounds good, but there's also mention of KeyShot for CAD 2.0 and a link to the website, but I find no mention of a specific product called KeyShot for CAD. They only mention the standard KeyShot, which has offline rendering and supports 3D files other than BIPs...

So why would I use a version of KeyShot where there is no offline rendering or support for 3D file formats? Or are we working to shoehorn the low-end users into a less functional version of what we already have...? Maybe I just don't understand the "upgrade"

Thanks

Paul5015

+1

Also,
Are we still limited to the low resolution output as per the Web 1.9 version?
Why has the availability of this ‘Upgrade’ been linked to my maintenance renewal?
What’s the price without renewing the maintenance? (As I have 8 months left)

KeyShot was a large part of my reason for upgrading to Pro. What are the advantages of the newer version?

Regards,
Paul.

Magnum

I just purchased Alibre and all taht is available for me to download is 1.94... Will have to send a note and find out what's up.

JakeDrews

Im new to Keyshot(I have the KeyShot 2 for CAD) and it says that I cant do offline rendering. Like I said, Im new to Keyshot so I dont really know what that means except that I cant figure out how to export a high res photo.

Is there such a thing as Online Rendering? or is it just plain impossible for me to export high res (I did pay extra money for Pro, it seems like the least they could do is let me export high res)

Any info on this? Keyshot isnt that helpful...

MilesH

Alibre Super User
Paul5015 said:
Are we still limited to the low resolution output as per the Web 1.9 version?
You won't get a higher resolution image out of the Web version (unless you upsample as post-process, of course). It wouldn't make sense WRT the Luxion pricing. :wink:

GaretDH

JakeDrews said:
Im new to Keyshot(I have the KeyShot 2 for CAD) and it says that I cant do offline rendering. Like I said, Im new to Keyshot so I dont really know what that means except that I cant figure out how to export a high res photo.

Is there such a thing as Online Rendering? or is it just plain impossible for me to export high res (I did pay extra money for Pro, it seems like the least they could do is let me export high res)

Any info on this? Keyshot isnt that helpful...

Offline rendering, as I understand it, refers to the ability to have the software process your scene and render an image based on that, with the various settings you could make in the menu system. It's what the render button does (or did). Real-time rendering is the simple updating that KeyShot does while you're actively playing with your model. It represents a large loss in functionality, as far as I'm concerned.

Garet