What's new

KeyShot 7

Uman

KeyShot has released version 7.
Any news when Alibre will make it available to Expert users on maintenance?

wildwood58

The new Keyshot 7 for Alibre will not install, I uninstalled keyshot 6 and rebooted.

Installed keyshot 7 for Alibre, installation almost completes then I get a pop up for a new version available, I am only allowed to accept , then get an error about not available for 32 bit.

Frustrating

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Presumably you have Alibre Design 2017.1 installed and activated ? In which case you must have 64bit Windows. Does seem odd that you get that error. Maybe try cleaning up computer with CCleaner or REVO or similar to remove any lingering traces of previous Keyshot, then re-boot and run Keyshot for Alibre installer again.

wildwood58

Presumably you have Alibre Design 2017.1 installed and activated ? In which case you must have 64bit Windows. Does seem odd that you get that error. Maybe try cleaning up computer with CCleaner or REVO or similar to remove any lingering traces of previous Keyshot, then re-boot and run Keyshot for Alibre installer again.

I do have 64 bit
New Alibre installed and working
Old keyshot 6 uninstalled and rebooted before installing Keyshot 7

Will try CCclearner
And try again

simonb65

Alibre Super User
When you install Keyshot 7, ensure the 7.1.51 update (and it is just an update patch and not the complete application) 'Install on download completion' is Unchecked and just select the 'Download' button. Let it squirrel away the update for some other time! Then complete the Keyshot 7 install and reboot (this ensures that all the supporting dll's of the application have be registered correctly).

Then try out Alibre and Keyshot 7. If all is good, right-click on the 7.1.51 update.exe and 'Run as Administrator'. When you installed Alibre and Keyshot 7, did you right-click on the setup.exe's and 'Run as Administrator'? If you don't windows may ignore some files and/or replace them with ones it considers safe. All part of windows self preservation.

The fact Keyshot stops working, suggests that i's install isn't complete and/or something hasn't been installed! The '... exe is not a valid Win32 application' also suggests that the downloaded file is not complete or corrupted.

Also try downloading the application update to a simplified directory without 'odd' characters in it, i.e. c:/temp. It may be that that's causing issues with the installer of the update or update downloader!

Last edited:

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
I just did a test rending using KeyShot 7.1.51 with out any problems!!

Attachments

• untitled.3.jpg
    untitled.3.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 17

wildwood58

When you install Keyshot 7, ensure the 7.1.51 update (and it is just an update patch and not the complete application) 'Install on download completion' is Unchecked and just select the 'Download' button. Let it squirrel away the update for some other time! Then complete the Keyshot 7 install and reboot (this ensures that all the supporting dll's of the application have be registered correctly).

Then try out Alibre and Keyshot 7. If all is good, right-click on the 7.1.51 update.exe and 'Run as Administrator'. When you installed Alibre and Keyshot 7, did you right-click on the setup.exe's and 'Run as Administrator'? If you don't windows may ignore some files and/or replace them with ones it considers safe. All part of windows self preservation.

The fact Keyshot stops working, suggests that i's install isn't complete and/or something hasn't been installed! The '... exe is not a valid Win32 application' also suggests that the downloaded file is not complete or corrupted.

Also try downloading the application update to a simplified directory without 'odd' characters in it, i.e. c:/temp. It may be that that's causing issues with the installer of the update or update downloader!
Did

Did all of the above steps, same results same error