What's new

Keyshot 9

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Question for the Alibre Team ...

Will 'Keyshot 9 for CAD' be available for those on current Alibre maintenance? and if so, do the Alibre team know, what new features/improvements Alibre users can expect to get access to?

KMoffett

Keyshot is sending a "Final Chance" email for today for free upgrade from 8 to 9. They are asking for a serial code. Can I get that from Alibre or is it in the Keyshot program windows?
Ken

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Your Keyshot for Alibre Design is activated from your Alibre Design activation - there is no Keyshot serial code. The information from Keyshot applies to separate newly purchased Keyshot 8 licences, not bundled products, nor pre-existing licences.

Based on previous experience, it seems likely that in due course Keyshot for Alibre Design for those with current maintenance of Alibre Expert at the time, will be updated. I would expect that to be some time after the official launch of Keyshot 9 (date not yet known) and may coincide with an Alibre product release.

Last edited:

Drutort

so its working.
I have a question, will we ever get KeyVR? has anyone had any experience with it? Oculus Rift S and quest are priced pretty good and are pretty popular, I have been using Rift S for a bit

Last edited:

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
If you want a higher version of Keyshot - purchase an upgrade. Some users here have upgraded to get unlimited resolution for example...

Drutort

wow the new GPU render option is almost 2-3x+ (quadro rtx 4000) faster then my new AMD 3900X (all cores 4.14Ghz)

Also while cpu is 100% load gpu does it with under 35%? at least according to windows task manager

Max

Administrator
Staff member
KS 9 is available now. Folks on maint. get all the latest KS upgrades when KS makes them available. Occasionally there may be a lag between when they release and when an exe shows up on our site. For example, their first version of KS9 broke all CAD integrations, such as ours. But it works now.

Question - when you open KS8 do you not see an Upgrade notification? What if you "check for updates" in their UI?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
I've actually loaded KS9 and it does work for me with AD 2019.0.8 ( I got installer from the Keyshot web site ).

I believe that 'updates for KS are 'within major version' updates. To go to next version you have to install it separately - with KS you can install 2 different versions on the same machine.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
I've actually loaded KS9 and it does work for me with AD 2019.0.8 ( I got installer from the Keyshot web site ).
Is that only if you have the full version of KeyShot or does that apply to KeyShot for Alibre too? If the latter, do you have a link to the specific installer.

EDIT : Just downloaded the v9 installer and it all just works! Love the new fuzz textures and my new RTX3000 GPU is really quick!

Last edited:

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry Simon if I wasn't clear - it was KS for Alibre that I use. I had wanted to check out what happened with KS9 in case users tried it and ran into issues. I had a hunch it would probably work as I'd previously updated from KS7 to KS8 ahead of Alibre publishing the installer.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
FYI - I have Alibre Design Expert and upgraded from KS8 Pro to KS9 Pro when it was released and have had no issues with it. I am currently testing KS9.1 Beta and it has not shown any problems either transferring models from AD to KS.

JST

Alibre Super User
KS 9 is available now. Folks on maint. get all the latest KS upgrades when KS makes them available. Occasionally there may be a lag between when they release and when an exe shows up on our site. For example, their first version of KS9 broke all CAD integrations, such as ours. But it works now.

Question - when you open KS8 do you not see an Upgrade notification? What if you "check for updates" in their UI?

I see an update to KS 8.2.80 when opening KS.

Same if I check for updates.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
As DavidJ noted, "check for updates" only checks for updates on the currently installed version. To go to the next version think of it as an "upgrade". At least that is how is has worked for me.