What's new

Keyshot 9

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mark - please read what was stated in posts above...

Until Alibre adds the KS9 installer to its download page, you'll have to get it from the Keyshot web site.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
where is the download link for KS9
I just downloaded v9 from the KeyShot website. I already had v8 and it seems to have picked up the licence and to confirm it is the ' ... for CAD' version, it only allows BIP and KSP imports/exports enabled as you would expect!

tk1247

Still no posting of Keyshot 9 on the Alibre website, and my installation of Keyshot for Alibre is still 8.x with no updates available. I've downloaded he 9.x version from the Keyshot website, but when I go to install it says it wants to put it into Program Files, which is not where the original Keyshot for Alibre put it - it is currently installed in my users/Appdata folder by default when I installed it from the Alibre website. Will this work properly if installed into Program Files? Anyone have experience with this? I note some have installed from the Keyshot website with good results, but there are no installation details.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Keyshot9 is in Program Files - the Appdata stuff isn't the main program.

Anyway - there's nothing to lose. You can install Keyshot9 alongside Keyhsot8 - so even if it doesn't work, you still have Keyshot8.

tk1247

Anyway - there's nothing to lose. You can install Keyshot9 alongside Keyhsot8 - so even if it doesn't work, you still have Keyshot8.
When I installed Keyshot 8 with Alibre it did NOT go into Program Files. The exe is in users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Keyshot8\bin\keyshot. The Keyshot 9 installer wants to install it in Program Files, so my concern is whether or not Alibre will access 8 or 9 when called from Alibre.

tk1247

When I installed Keyshot 8 with Alibre it did NOT go into Program Files. The exe is in users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Keyshot8\bin\keyshot. The Keyshot 9 installer wants to install it in Program Files, so my concern is whether or not Alibre will access 8 or 9 when called from Alibre.
Now that I think about it, I remember that Keyshot 9 asked if I wanted to install this for only this user (default) or all users of the computer. I wonder if I let that go as default, and that's why its not in the program files? I could maybe try to reinstall Keyshot 8 from the Alibre website but pay attention to that.

tk1247

Is there a setting in Alibre that tells it where to find the Keyshot exe?

GDBranch

I installed nine and it works just fine. Then Keyshot had an update to 9.2 and the update worked fine also.