What's new

Keyshot DEMO version?

Sebastian, the trick is to open KeyShot from within a Geomagic module. I normally do this from within an Assembly.

Opening (launching) KeyShot from with Geomagic will somehow tell KeyShot to inherit the licence you got with Geomagic.

Norman

JST

Alibre Super User
So far I have NEVER launched Keyshot from within GMD.

BUT, I have updated several times, direct from the keyshot window. It seems to work fine. I assume it comes through the GMD site, but it has been seamless to me.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
protarawizard said:
Sebastian, the trick is to open KeyShot from within a Geomagic module. I normally do this from within an Assembly.

Opening (launching) KeyShot from with Geomagic will somehow tell KeyShot to inherit the licence you got with Geomagic.

Norman

JST said:
So far I have NEVER launched Keyshot from within GMD.

BUT, I have updated several times, direct from the keyshot window. It seems to work fine. I assume it comes through the GMD site, but it has been seamless to me.
Actually it should work both ways. Its not and I don't know why although I have a feeling it has to do with a previous version (KS4) that was installed as a demo.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Uninstalled everything to do with Keyshot. Did a search for everything related to Keyshot and Luxion and deleted it all. Fresh start.

Installed the latest version I downloaded yesterday (KS6.2). Started it and got the same licensing nonsense as yesterday. Then I notice the GD is now also broken. Unfortunately I didn't save the error messages but I ended up having to deactivate, uninstall, install and re-activate GD. KS still doesn't work.

Odd that deleting Keyshot folders and files broke GD. I didn't expect that, so be aware!

:? :roll:

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Only other thing that comes to mind is if you have a Luxion/Keyshot entry in your Flexera licensing folder (from the previous install).

Do be careful, because you may find licences there for all kinds of software - I don't know what file prefix is used to identify Keyshot licences. The folder to check is C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet, 3DSystems product files commence DDD.

Another final thought - does your Geomagic Design licence show up as being fine ? On a PC here I noticed some oddness after I forget to release the licence before a major Windows update - GD still worked, but the licence could not complete its on-line checks any more (took me a while to notice).

bigseb

Alibre Super User
DavidJ said:
Only other thing that comes to mind is if you have a Luxion/Keyshot entry in your Flexera licensing folder (from the previous install).
Shouldn't be one as it was only a demo version. I will check.

DavidJ said:
Another final thought - does your Geomagic Design licence show up as being fine ? On a PC here I noticed some oddness after I forget to release the licence before a major Windows update - GD still worked, but the licence could not complete its on-line checks any more (took me a while to notice).
GD worked fine before and (appears) to be fine now too after the reinstall.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
UPDATE:

Went through the whole process again. Uninstall KS, clean up traces using Windows services and Ccleaner. Reconfigure GD (Ccleaner does something to GD), reinstall KS... no change.

Some pics to show all is on the level:

Running the KS installer (KS for Geomagic):

The first install window, again showing that it is KS for Geomagic):

Post install, the first window after starting KS:

What is going on? :?:

Attachments

• 21.JPG
    21.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 03.JPG
    03.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 07.JPG
    07.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 1

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Yes. Uninstall KS and install KS for Geomagic. Then it will automatically accept the GD license. :roll:

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Maybe they have screwed up the installer for v6.2.
105 ! Have you tried an earlier version of setup for v6.x? Then just let it do the update to .105 from within Keyshot. (This is how I normally do it and have not had any issues.
When you run the setup.exe, do you right click and "Run as Administrator"? not doing this sometimes stops installers doing the right thing as windows blocks some operations for protection and security.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
simonb65 said:
Maybe they have screwed up the installer for v6.2.
105 ! Have you tried an earlier version of setup for v6.x? Then just let it do the update to .105 from within Keyshot. (This is how I normally do it and have not had any issues.
Yes I have.
simonb65 said:
When you run the setup.exe, do you right click and "Run as Administrator"? not doing this sometimes stops installers doing the right thing as windows blocks some operations for protection and security.
No. I use the 'run' command.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
simonb65 said:
Tried it now... no change.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
@bigseb ... was worth a try!

In hindsight (isn't it a wonderful thing!), it would have been am idea to have created a 'restore point' (to have gone back to) before using the reg clean app ... but I guess that's irrelevant now :(

Hopefully you'll get some feed back from Keyshot soon.