What's new

KeyShot for 3DSystems

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I think the cover page editor of the Release Notes that 3DSystems has for their version of KeyShot may have overlooked something:

It would be Great if it did in fact include animation.

Attachments

• GD-Keyshot.png
    GD-Keyshot.png
    156.7 KB · Views: 10

jhiker

Alibre Super User
Animation used to be an add-on at extra cost but it's now bundled with the pro version of Keyshot v6.
I'm not sure whether the 3DS version that comes with GD is still version 5 or the new version 6 but it might be worth checking.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Not noticed this before ... on the GD download page it states "For all users of Geomagic Solutions software on valid maintenance, you now get a seat of KeyShot for 3D Systems", yet in the latest release notes it states "ALL USERS WHO ARE ON ACTIVE MAINTENANCE OF ANY GEOMAGIC PRODUCT AS OF 4TH JANUARY, 2016 CAN USE THIS VERSION FOR FREE".

Does this mean that if you let maintenance lapse your seat of Keyshot is revoked ? or Is it just a requirement for the initial licencing of keyshot after install ?

If its the latter, what happens if you maintenance lapses, you are then just on a perpetual license of GD but you want to re-install on a new PC. Do you then loose Keyshot ?

I'm unclear if the Keyshot seat is tied to the GD License or the GD maintenance activity !?!?! :? Am I just renting Keyshot via GD maintenance or did they give me a permanent seat of a specific version of Keyshot for having GD maintenance at that time ?!

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like the Keyshot for Geomagic download has just been updated to version 6.

[EDIT - haven't quite worked out yet if Animation is enabled...]

[EDIT - no, it requires additional code for animation ]

JL82

I installed Keyshot 6 for 3D systems. If you open Keyshot from Ribbon - Render, the licence requires to register its?

I recently migrated a new PC; hence had to install Geomagic Design and KeyShot6.

My copy of Geomagic Design was licenced and I had Geomagic Design open when I installed KeyShot. Got similar result to yourself; KeyShot opened at a licence screen and that screen did not take the GD licence key.

I found that close of KeyShot and Geomagic Design; then re-open Geomagic Design and an Assembly; then select the KeyShot tab->Render option opened KeyShot ok. Think it may have also presented a "Geomagic licence accepted" type screen on first open.

KeyShot6 also now opens directly from desktop shortcut ok.

Cheers,
Norman