What's new

Keyshot ignores assembly features

bigseb

Alibre Super User
As the title says Keyshot ignores assembly features. In my case I had a composite board i.e. fibre-glass/polystyrene/fibre-glass where the I created single layers as parts and then used an assembly to create the composite board. In the assembly I then trimmed one edge using the cut feature and added this assembly to the next level up. However when rendering this I noticed that Keyshot doesn't recognize the cut feature. Has anyone else had this too? Is this normal os is there a workaround. What I did was to add the cut on a part level but it would be so much easier on an assembly level (less work).

JST

Alibre Super User
Not sure what you did.

I used the cut feature on an assembly just now, and it came through in the .bip file and showed up in Keyshot as cut.

I can see it being clumsy to add all the "instances" to the list if they are not visible prior to the cut, but you can re-edit the list if needed.

I just picked something out of an unimportant file to check on, and it worked as I expected. Was what you wanted not something similar?

Attachments

• baldor grinder 2.45.jpg
    baldor grinder 2.45.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 10

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Cheers for getting back. I will play around with it and see what I can get; something simple. I must've done something wrong...

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I haven't noticed any issues in sending an assembly Cut model to Keyshot. In fact I have a Boat Shaped table the I have been "working at" as time permits that has multiple slats for the top that are Assembly Booleaned and they look just fine in KS.
Here's a test render that I just did to practice my "woodworking" skills on it.

Attachments

• tabletoptest.84.png
    tabletoptest.84.png
    1 MB · Views: 13