What's new

Keyshot Licensing

bigseb

Alibre Super User
So I just downloaded and installed the new Alibre 2017.1 and Keyshot 7. Alibre is running fine but Keyshot asks for a license file. I thought that all went automatically using the Alibre license...

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Was that Keyshot for Alibre Design from the Alibre downloads page ? If so, try re-starting Alibre Design.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Which order did you install in? May be that AD must be present (and activated?) before installing Keyshot for AD. It works fine here BTW.
Maybe uninstall & reinstall Keyshot for AD.

You haven't confirmed that you got Keyshot from Alibre download page (not from Luxion).

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Which order did you install in? May be that AD must be present (and activated?) before installing Keyshot for AD. It works fine here BTW.
Maybe uninstall & reinstall Keyshot for AD.

You haven't confirmed that you got Keyshot from Alibre download page (not from Luxion).
AD installed first, then KS. Both downloaded from the Alibre download page.

Now that I think about it I had this problem before about a year ago. 3D Systems were no help so I ultimately just left it. But maybe now...

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Personally, I'd probably uninstall both, run a registry cleaner and also (if Geomagic Design was ever installed) delete any Geomagic files that are hanging around. Then re-boot computer and try again.

Both work fine for me. I downloaded both. Released the Alibre license(just in case) and then installed Alibre 2017.1.
Opened it to check it worked ok. It did :)
Then I uninstalled the old version of keyshot, cleaned the registry and did a restart (again, just in case)
Installed new Keyshot and everything works fine.
Gonna go draw me some rectangles by centers :D

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Personally, I'd probably uninstall both, run a registry cleaner and also (if Geomagic Design was ever installed) delete any Geomagic files that are hanging around. Then re-boot computer and try again.
Done all of that. Still no luck.

:( a dark, dark day....

bigseb

Alibre Super User
And I can bet that tonight when I install this on my home machine it'll work 100%. Its only my work PC that's the problem.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Keyshot is still not working :( Tried everything I can think of... it just doesn't see the Alibre license (or link to it or whatever).

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Seb - did you install Keyshot 'for anyone' or 'just this user' ? I've been told that historically installing 'just this user' can lead to some issue with licensing - though I'm not sure if it explains your case. Maybe something to check.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
I just downloaded the new one today. Haven't had a chance to try it yet.

When I do I will most likely respond via our email chain first.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
UPDATE:

This issue has now been resolved! Big thank you to David for his input. Apparently there was a conflict with Powershape that was also installed.

Mark as solved!