What's new

Keyshot oddness?

JST

Alibre Super User
I tried the keyshot 3 that I seemed to have available to me in a trial version in downloads area.

It locks when using a .bip file. gets hung up in the "please register" which automatically opens again.

I assumed that it would import a STEP file, since it does...... but the result was internal parts of the design sticking out in odd places..... but importing file into AD PE everything is in the proper place.

Is that just an issue with the trial version in the downloads?

I would not consider paying the license based on that version, but I assume there is some problem. Computer is Dell precision M6300 with max memory and XP, equal to or better than the recommended AD system.

Also I don't see the license price anywhere.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
A special version of Keyshot is included with Pro or Expert (for current purchases), but you do have to request your registration key from Alibre or your reseller. Cost of Keyshot standalone is $995 on the Luxion web site.

Note that Keyhot 3 is now superseded by Keyshot 4 (this may explain the registration screen issue). Note also that the Trial version has some capabilities in excess of the Alibre version (e.g. CAD file import other than .bip). Study the feature comparison table carefully.

Problems with file imports between systems is not that unusual with any software.