What's new

Keyshot Pro and Alibre.

DIXON

Hi All, I have Alibre design Expert 2018 1.1. I would like to purchase the full Pro version of Keyshot as a stand alone would that work ok with my version of Alibre Design.
Cheers,
Raymond.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Yes - you'd just enter your purchased licence code into Keyshot, rather than have it activated from the Alibre licence.

DIXON

Thanks David, I have removed the Keyshot that was bundled with Alibre would that be correct? I am hoping to set up a trial first before I purchase.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
That may be simplest, though I'm not sure if uninstalling Keyshot for Alibre it will remove the environment variable (in Windows) that points Keyshot to AD Expert for the inbuilt licence.

If the trial won't work, or opens as Keyshot for CAD/Alibre, you may have to clear/delete the System Environment variable
KEYSHOT_EXTERNAL_LICENSE_FOLDER (make note of the contents in case you want to go back to the CAD version)

Last edited:

DIXON

Hi David, The scenario that you described was exactly what happened when I got a trial of the Pro Keyshot for use with my Student edition of Siemens Solid Edge. The Pro version [ Keyshot ] was always defaulting to an Education version. So I had to un install Solid Edge, un install Keyshot then, re install Solid Edge. Needless to say I never used my trial of Keyshot !!
Cheers.