What's new

Keyshot problem.

DIXON

Hi Folks,
Could anyone shed any light on the following problem, had to re instal the OS and of course my programmes and now when I try to render a model in Keyshot I get the following message seen in the attached screenshot. I downloaded Keyshot from the Alibre website

Regards,
Raymond.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 12-30-18 at 11.32 AM.PNG
    Screen Shot 12-30-18 at 11.32 AM.PNG
    134.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Screen Shot 12-30-18 at 11.33 AM.PNG
    Screen Shot 12-30-18 at 11.33 AM.PNG
    273.6 KB · Views: 17

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried re-booting computer to finalise the Keyshot installation? If that doesn't help you may need to set the environment variable to point Keyshot to Alibre for licensing - the attached shows this for Alibre installed in the default location.

Attachments

• Keyshot environment2.jpg
    Keyshot environment2.jpg
    440.9 KB · Views: 13

DIXON

Hi David, yes.. I tried a re-boot but no success. Not sure about how to set the Environment variables ! Something must have changed with the re install because I had to do the same about a year ago and never had any problem .
The version of Keyshot that was originally installed was 7 but on the Alibre website the version is now 8 and there is nowhere on the site to download version 7.
I do have 7 still on one of my other workstations [ The download is still in the downloads folder ] would it be an idea to copy it onto a usb flash drive and try installing it on the problem machine ? I will un-install version 8 first of course:).
Regards,
Raymond.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Hi Raymond,

Have you installed Alibre Design V2018.2 and KeyShot 8.?
Or do you have installed an "older" version of Alibre Design?

During installation of KeyShot, did you choose the option: "For anyone on this computer" or "Just for me"?

simonb65

Alibre Super User
The version of Keyshot that was originally installed was 7 but on the Alibre website the version is now 8 and there is nowhere on the site to download version 7.
Keyshot 8 will only work if you have the latest Alibre, i.e v2018.2.

Also pays to keep a copy of the installers (i.e keyshot 7) for applications you currently use and have a license for! If you've installed on that pc before, look in your downloads directory.

Last edited:

DIXON

Hi All,
Issues now fixed.. all working perfectly. Many thanks to David from Alibre support. and also simonb65, DavidJ, and Ralf.