What's new

LibreLink for LibreOffice

cadtec

LibreLink for LibreOffice

LibreLink

This is the first Public release for testing!

With LibreLink, you can link parameters and variables into Libre Office and Alibre Design.
LibreLink is available in 15 languages.

Info:
The installation program integrates Libre Link directly into the add-on programs:

If you run into any problems, please report them as a comment in this thread!

Read more

Best regards,
David Docampo
CADTEC (Switzerland) GmbH
https://alibre.ch/

Last edited:
David -- Is there a method to define the units being used (other than the defauilt "cm") with LibreLink? Is there an English languare instruction set for LibreLink? Irrational minds want to know... ;-)

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
Your program sounds great.
While looking at your website, some of text was in German (I think), and could not read it all;). Is there another site that's all in English?

LibreLink

This is the first Public release for testing!

With LibreLink, you can link parameters and variables into Libre Office and Alibre Design. LibreLink ist in 14 Sprachen verfügbar.

Info:
The installation program integrates Libre Link directly into the add-on programs:
Aber meine deutsch sehr schlect ist!

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
I hear you Lew. I was stationed in Germany when I was in the Army, the years since I too have loosed my German. I guess that what old age does to one (oh my aching bones LOL).

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Hi RockNut,
I found a English link that may be solve your forgetfulness of the German language.:)
https://alibre.ch/Produkte/LibreLink_en.php
David -- Is there a method to define the units being used (other than the defauilt "cm") with LibreLink? Is there an English language instruction set for LibreLink? Irrational minds want to know... ;-)
Good question and also I do like know if the LibreLink are able to link directly to the G Variables.

cadtec

David -- Is there a method to define the units being used (other than the defauilt "cm") with LibreLink? Is there an English languare instruction set for LibreLink? Irrational minds want to know... ;-)

Hi RockNut,
I found a English link that may be solve your forgetfulness of the German language.:)

Good question and also I do like know if the LibreLink are able to link directly to the G Variables.

We just wrote to our developer and sent him your suggestions, we are awaiting an answer, we'll update you ASAP.

No worries ;) Website and post just got an update.
We're sorry. "Entschuldigung"

Since the website is mostly for the German speaking audience, only the page content is english.
The rest of the homepage https://alibre.ch/ is for Alibre reselling purposes in switzerland.
But my real question is, Is there an English language "Instruction Guide" for LibreLink? I suspect that there are (shall we say) operational aspects and controls that are not immediately obvious to me.

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
GIOV

Thanks for the link;)

Have installed it and trying it out, will keep you ( and every one else) informed how things go.

cadtec

The units are taken from the Alibre file, so if you have set the units in feet it should automaticly be set in feet in LibreLink.

Hi RockNut,

We are currently looking at the option of adding the ability to change G Variables. It would help if we would hear some thoughts of others.

cadtec

But my real question is, Is there an English language "Instruction Guide" for LibreLink? I suspect that there are (shall we say) operational aspects and controls that are not immediately obvious to me.

ATM There aren't any instructions in german nor in english. It's not planned to create one right now but for later versions it will come.

ATM There aren't any instructions in german nor in english. It's not planned to create one right now but for later versions it will come.
Please understand that I have a number of (shall we say) "serious design tools" written in Libre Office Calc that "lose their link" to the formal documentation so created with my current tools. These are tools such as designing and documenting things such as: compression springs, hairpin torsion springs, sprocket & chain drives, and the like. Being able to (if you will) more formally "link" such data into a Project Package would fall into the "very good thing" category.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
We are currently looking at the option of adding the ability to change G Variables. It would help if we would hear some thoughts of others.
Hi cadtec, do you have some news about this? Also I do like your web page. Is it feasible in English version?

Last edited:

cadtec

Hi GIOV, our employee (David Docampo) is four weeks in the summer holidays...
He'll take care of it afterwards. :)

daleroe

I've installed LibreLink and LibreOffice. Can someone give he an overview how to use it? I named the spreadsheet the same as my model, how is the link established? What is the format for the spreadsheet?
Thanks
--dale