What's new

Loft Circle to Ellipse - Sketch with Multiple Loops is not supported for lofts

LNM

Trying to extrude Boss a Loft from a circular face to a sketch of an ellipse. It tells me that a sketch with multiple loops is not supported for lofts.

How do I accomplish this?

For reference...The reason I want to do this is to create a snug fit cover for a cylindrical feature and use the ellipse shape to absorb any tolerance in the diameter of the cylinder, netting a snug fit as it conforms to the cylinder.

All input appreciated.

Ken226

Alibre Super User
Create two parallel planes a distance apart. Sketch a circle on one, and an elipse on the other. The loft should work fine.

It sounds like you are creating more than one circle or ellipse on each plane/sketch.

Last edited:

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
If you are trying to make a "tube" you will have to do it in two operations. One to make the solid and one to cut the inside away.

LNM

Ahhhh....Yes, I am trying to make a "tube". I was trying to do it on one operation. Two operations is the ticket! This helps tremendously. I am now across the finish line.

Thanks all!

Ken226

Alibre Super User
Exactly. Either another loft, or the shell tool will get you there.

2ellipse.jpg

Last edited:

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
You could also Shell the Loft and only remove one end. Saves you from having to close one end if it is a cover.

1650754564438.png