What's new

M-Files 10 now available for Geomagic

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Those of you that have been waiting for M-Files 10 for GMD may know the standard M-Files 10 has been out for a while.

On the new download facility for GMD v16, Vault is based on M-Files 10 - it is actually a newer build than is available to date on M-Files own web site. It successfully addresses a glitch that was there between GMD and MF10.

jhiker

Alibre Super User
Is that the version available here...?

Attachments

• 2014-03-14_09h08_41.jpg
    2014-03-14_09h08_41.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 25

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Jeff - no, that one is still M-Files 9.

However, you don't have to log in to the new download resource to be able to download things. I've not yet found where Vault licence keys are available from under the new system - make sure your key shows as in subscription before you try to update!

jhiker

Alibre Super User
OK David - V16 installed yesterday. Where's the new download location for M-Files v10 please?
And how do I check my subscriptions?

'Make sure your key shows' - how do I do that..

Geomagic support requires Alibre users to create a new account and login.
When I do that, and click on 'my subscriptions', I don't have any..

I'm confused now.

Attachments

• 2014-03-14_09h30_55.jpg
    2014-03-14_09h30_55.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 31

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
From the 'Getting Started' page - select Geomagic Design (if not already selected) -> press Download -> scroll down the page, Vault is in the Addons.

To check your existing licence key - look in the M-Files system admin tools -> Licence Management - check the 'subscription expires' date. If this date has gone you probably won't be able to install newer version.

You can still get your updated key from the old site ('my account info' page). I've asked Geomagic where keys will be available from in future. I'll post here when I get an answer.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Just collect your updated key from the My Account info page - it is updated each year when your maintenance subscription is renewed.

jhiker

Alibre Super User
Installed without a hitch - looks nice!
Very easy to add shortcut views to task pane.

Attachments

• 2014-03-14_14h28_34.jpg
    2014-03-14_14h28_34.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 31

Alexander

I've just upgraded to Mfiles 10 and the auto check-in does not work anymore?
Is this a settings thing or am I missing something :oops:

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
You had auto check-in working ? I've only ever had prompt for check-in. I suspect you probably had some particular custom settings - maybe if anyone else has had this working they could comment.

A simple upgrade of M-Files shouldn't have changed any settings.

Attachments

• Check in settings.jpg
    Check in settings.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 39