What's new

Megalodesk - environmentally friendly products ;-)

indesign

Alibre Super User

Make people think you are involved by posting news about it. :idea:

Looks like they are taking credit for the hard work of others. (if they are or not, you decide)

What a tactless way of getting PR. :!:

swertel

Alibre Super User

I was trying to think of a less tactful way of putting it.

It's not the software that makes green designs, it the brainchild of architects and engineers fueled by the consumers desire. The software is just a tool, like any other tool, to put all the pieces together. Big deal for Autodesk. I hope laypeople can read past the hype and realize what is fact and what is fiction.

ChrisJ

Interesting. Best of my knowledge Autocad doesn't offer one product that contributes to the sustainable process. Now if they offered easily transferable information to programs like IESVE.com or other energy analysis software, so that you do not have to recreate the building/information from scratch in order to begin your analysis then I would say they are part of the sustainable team.

Look up USGBC LEED program though if you want to see where your hard earned tax dollars are going lately. Almost every public project is designing their building and applying for this certification, just to hang a plaque on the wall.

Chris