What's new

meshCam add new CNC

TomHa

Hello,
I'm just starting to learn MeshCAM and I'm having some trouble. My CNC machine isn't supported by the software, so I've been trying to use the Generic 3018 as a substitute, but it seems too small for my needs. Instead, I have a TwoTree TTC450 that I purchased from Microcenter - it's a good option for beginners and is actually larger than the 3018.

As someone with a background in 3D printing, I'm used to building custom profiles for my printers. I was wondering if there's a way to create a CNC profile in MeshCAM as well? Any guidance or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Use the Add button on Select Machine menu - you can define you machine size etc there.

Stick with whatever post processor has been working - if you do need to customise the post processor, contact MeshCAM support. They can either give tips or will modify the POST file for you.

TomHa

thanks for the info! I assume MeshCam for Alibre is not a product Developed and Supported by Alibre?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
No - it is the Professional version of MeshCAM.

Alibre can provide basic support, but for really involved stuff MeshCAM themselves know more.