What's new

meshing gears assembly

jps

description and tutorial writing takes forever for me, unfortunately,
i think anyone interrested get the idea by having a look at the assy and constraints

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Can't believe more people haven't commented on this. It is a clever solution to something users here have asked for a long time.

Very well done. It blew me away !
It took me a while to get my mind around what was happening, but once I understood the contraints it all fell into place.
Swingtones

JST

Alibre Super User
Just saw this. I like it.

I will say that for a lot of gears in one design, it might get a bit large and might not work as well/as fast, considering the number of extra parts.

But it surely works, and works nicely!

(Even so, I still want that rotational constraint ! ! !)

jcdammeyer

Why not post screenshots, text and sample files directly in the forum? Then it can be searched by future users.
I agree. The two links he posted are gone. I have occasionally posted links to a large number of photos on my own web site breaking that same rule. Once my web site is gone the links are broken.
This demonstrates something I heard on the radio a few years ago. This generation or at least from about 1995 to now is going down in history as one of the worst documented eras in human history. You might answer that it's not possible. Look at all the photos posted on facebook and instagram etc. My response try and read that 20 year old floppy disk. Odds are the magnetic fields have decreased enough to make the the disk unreadable if you can even find software that will read it. And in 100 years? I have photos from great great grandparents taken at the turn of the last century.
So the above broken links unfortunately support that view point of nothing documented.