What's new

Midpoints

Jim Brown

I don't see midpoints when using Atom3D....

Should a midpoint appear on a sketched line when I hover my cursor nearby?
Should Midpoints always be visible when sketching?

Did I somehow disable midpoints?

Thanks for any advice........

Jim Brown

V24
To clarify. I can see midpoints when sketching. BUT.. If I pick a surface on a model to sketch on then
I can't see midpoints while sketching.

OTE_TheMissile

Alibre Super User
V24
To clarify. I can see midpoints when sketching. BUT.. If I pick a surface on a model to sketch on then
Are you trying to select the midpoint of an edge of the surface you're sketching on? Because if that's the case, the edge has to be "active" first. If you select it as a reference for something else, it should automatically be traced over by a reference line, and anything you bring near the center of that reference line should perk up a Midpoint constraint (along with your usual Coincident, Parallel, endpoints, etc.)

In a pinch I've always added a dimension to the edge I was trying to select, then deleted the dimension. The reference line is left behind.
454GTR5RG.png

Last edited:

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Midpoints are only visible on reference and sketch lines, not geometry edges. Use project to sketch to create a reference line of an edge then use it's midpoints.

Jim Brown

I'm trying to align the midpoint of the top edge of the sketched rectangle with the top edge of the solid rectangle
without moving the sketch up or down. Crummy explanation.. hope it makes sense.

Attachments

• midpoints.jpg
    midpoints.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 12

simonb65

Alibre Super User
I'm trying to align the midpoint of the top edge of the sketched rectangle with the top edge of the solid rectangle
without moving the sketch up or down. Crummy explanation.. hope it makes sense.
Create a horizontal reference line on the top edge. Create a vertical reference from that refence lines midpoint. centre constrain the vertical rectangle sides about the vertical reference line.