What's new

Missing External Thread Callout with interrupted threads

DV410

I tried to find this among the other topics without much success and I've had this problem for a couple of years now. Surely, I'm not the only one.

If I make an external thread using the tool in part modeling and then add some feature on the thread, like a keyway, the 2D drawing application will not recognize the threaded feature. In turn, it won't display the cosmetic thread lines nor will it provide the thread callout. Any suggestions?

Capture.PNG

Attachments

• Sample Part.AD_PRT
    379 KB · Views: 7

bigseb

Alibre Super User
The slot mucks it up. Suppress the slot and it will work. Obviously that's not acceptable so ideally you need to submit this to Support so they can fix this.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
I think you could cheat that view it if you make your slot actually be added material hovering above the threads. Of course this would mess up the 3d model in assemblies and also any other views - so you would have to do it as a separate configuration just for that view.

This is just a workaround for that view. Please also send it to support for them to fix it.

MKR

2021-04-09 09_01_36-Sample Part - Alibre Design Expert V22.jpg 2021-04-09 09_06_32-Sample Part - Alibre Design Expert V22.jpg 2021-04-09 09_06_58-Sample Part - Alibre Design Expert V22.jpg

It is a known bug. Just untick "Create chamfer on edge" in the external thread dialog and update drawing (remember to "insert cosmetic thread" again).

/Michael

Last edited: