What's new

ModelPress and Alibre corruption?

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User
ModelPress and Alibre corruption?

I've got a rather large project (for me) and the Alibre assembly window seems to get severely corrupted about half the time that I render it into ModelPress. The project is a model IC engine and has about 200 parts at present, including several threaded fittings and some gears, so that may contribute to the problem. Sometimes the assembly window will just go blank and hang long enough that I just terminate Alibre; other times objects that look like solid planes will start getting generated in the windo, one at a time.

Simpler projects never seem to have a problem and, so far at least, neither the ModelPress model has completed and no damage has been done to the Alibre files. In the interest of full disclosure, I do seem to have a problem with my ATI Radeon 9800XT video card as it refuses to work properly with Alibre unless HW acceleration is turned way down. I'm still trying to work through that as time permits.

Any one else have this problem?

Mike

Alibre corruption

I am running Windoes 98se, and use an Nvidia 3d card. I had problems with lock ups when useing hardware accelation. I switched to software accel. and everything seems ok now

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User

Yep - I have to run the ATI on software emulation, too. I'll have to check the NVidia card at work tomorrow to see what it is set at.