What's new

Monitors ??

kev h

Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on monitors as mine has just kicked the bucket..?

24 -28 inch LED aprox £200 if poss ;)

Cheers Kev :cool:

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Kev I bought a 32" at Currys for £180. Absolute steal. I'll see if I can find the link...

bigseb

Alibre Super User
This is it. Either the price has gone up or I got it on special. Can't remember, it's a while ago now. Sorry.

ROTTER

I like IIYAMA monitors. They have a zero bad pixel guarantee.
I had the ProLite X2783HSU. I bought a second one of the same for about 150 £. Working on two monitors is great. In my opinion, better 2x27 "than 1x32". More space for less money.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
I like IIYAMA monitors. They have a zero bad pixel guarantee.
I had the ProLite X2783HSU. I bought a second one of the same for about 150 £. Working on two monitors is great. In my opinion, better 2x27 "than 1x32". More space for less money.
Once you go 32" you never go back. :D

ROTTER

Once you go 32" you never go back. :D
Perhaps you are right. I never had 32 ". My first monitor had a 14" analog CRT, meaning the image was no more than 12 ". Every next one was bigger and I would never go back to a smaller one. I was thinking of buying 32" but that would be twice as expensive. That's why I bought another one of the same 27 ". Now I'm happy but in two years ... maybe 2x32".

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I have a Dell U2415 running at 1920 x 1200 plugged into my HP laptop. I find it works well with Alibre Design or KeyShot full screen individually but it's a squeeze to run them side-by-side. If given the chance I'd go big enough that I could run two apps side-by-side comfortably.

The issue I found with some of the wide screen monitors is that as they get wider they get the shorter and the apps look a little squashed. And I'm not ready to go to 4k just yet - I don't want the hassle of tiny fonts, cursor, icons, etc., etc., etc. that some have posted on the forum.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
A bit more than £200, but I use a Dell UltraSharp U2717D 27" (the newer U2719D is about £300). Really great for CAD work, low reflectivity, really thin border if you want to double up on the screens. Good connectivity with USB hub built in for your 3D SpaceMouse (if you have one). Would really recommend it.

Specs:
"The Dell UltraSharp U2717D monitor has an active matrix, thinfilm transistor (TFT), liquid crystal display (LCD), and LED backlight. The monitor features include: 68.47 cm (27-inch) active area display (Measured diagonally) 2560 x 1440 resolution, plus full-screen support for lower resolutions."

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
A nice feature if available in any model you are considering is automatic brightness adjustment in response to ambient light levels. On my Benq monitor it is called 'Eye Protect'. Of several 'fancy options' it's one that I really do appreciate.

kev h

Hi guys

Just to let you know that I am loving the new pin sharp 28" Samsung 4k !

Only problem are very small menus in Alibre :rolleyes: … I assume it has been improved in newer versions as I am running v2017.1.2

Thanks again for info :)

Cheers Kev :cool: