What's new

Mouse for Alibre

beastro

Hi,
I am using Alibre with a MS Surface pro. Can anybody recommend a portable mouse for using it with the surface in conjunction with Alibre?

thanks
Berthold

swertel

Alibre Super User
I second @Alexander 's recommendation. I use the wired CADMouse and it is fantastic.
The only negative is the size, and that is only bad for travel. It is much more comfortable in the hand than most other mice I've ever used.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
That CAD mouse does look interesting. Is the wireless one full size? I'm not really a fan of the miniature mice...

Alexander

That CAD mouse does look interesting. Is the wireless one full size? I'm not really a fan of the miniature mice...
I have both and the wireless is smaller which I prefer, probably because I have smallish hands. The software is excellent for customizing a very productive workflow.

beastro

Thanks for the hint! Do you recommend to get the spacemouse too? Is it mainly for fast switching between tools?

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I'm not really a fan of the miniature mice...
ditto that ... how did they get the idea that by making a mouse smaller it would be as useful as the full sized mouse. It's as if they expect our hands to shrink just because we use a tablet or laptop so the make the mouse smaller. That's wacked.

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
I use a trackball as my mouse. For me it makes navigationing a model very easy on the wrist. With a standard mouse just can not archive a smooth cursor control. Like it might take a couple mouse lifts to transverse a long distance (like from the bottom to ribbon task menu). With the track ball if the distance is large then it's a finger lift.

VoltsAndBolts

I have an older versions of the SpaceMouse Pro on my desk at home and an older version of the SpaceMouse compact called the Space Navigator-USB with my Laptop. I even have a spare in the event of a failure.

I like them a lot! None of mine are wireless and the one with my laptop has been in and out of my backpack and seen many miles put on it. Even though is getting pretty beat it still works great.

swertel

Alibre Super User
I use my Spacemouse all the time, but Alibre and 3DConnexion software don't communicate well, yet. There are a lot of features on the Spacemouse that just don't work in Alibre because 3DConnexion doesn't recognize Alibre as having those capabilities - mainly view control.

auburncad

I use a Logitech trackball along with a wireless 3D connexion spacemouse. Works great. Saves my wrists. The space mouse is worth every penny. Very high quality product.

beastro

Thanks for all the comments.
I ordered a spacemouse-cad mouse combo and look forward to starting to work with it.

Regards