What's new

Mouse sticks when crossing any feature

mkent

Mouse sticks when crossing any feature

I am running the trial version of Alibre on a Dell Precision 530 with dual 2.0 ghz xeon's, Radeon 9700, Wacom tablet.
When the cursor crosses any feature it freezes while the feather is highlighted. Drawings also rotate slowly and jerky. I changed the tablet to a mouse; same results. I ran a direct-X check; all OK. IRQ16 has the Radeon 9700 and IEEE1394 (firewire) [not used]. I also switched to Radeon 9700 acceleration in Alibre with no change. I have searched the archives. Any Ideas? Thanks, Mick

mr.ska

Be sure to contact support directly about this issue. They will be able to help you quickly.

My only thought is whether you have enough RAM, but even when I was using AD with half the recommended amount my system didn't freeze, so I'm guessing that's not it....

mkent

Thanks for your responce, mr.ska. I did call support and found the problem went away with software acceleration. I also discovered that the problem dissapeared when running the design window on my left (primary) monitor. Anyone else running dual monitors on a ATI Radeon 9700? Thanks, Mick