What's new

My newest Pc

DIXON

Hi all,
Been years since I posted on the forum, I have been plodding along with my original version of Alibre design expert and my original custom built machine. and now I am thinking about purchasing an upgrade to the 2017 version . My question is .... would My new machine run this newest version of Alibre design expert?
Specs are as follows, Mobo Asus Rampage V edition 10, CPU Intel 6850x, Memory 128 Gb Kingston Predator DDR 4 and GPU Nvidia GeForce gtx 1080 OS is Windows 10 64 bit pro. Suitable... or would there be hardware changes needed ? I don't really want to change anything on this machine, so might have a look at getting one that is suitable [ if this one isn't ]

Regards'
Dixon.

DIXON

Thanks biqseb, looking at the specs above I would be good to go with what I have. My OS drive [ I forgot to include in the specs ] is a Samsung nvme 960 pro, so all appears to be fine. Just need to fork out for the upgrade now.

Thanks.

heidtwd

Here's a GPD Pocket that I got to take files to my shop and on the road for quick reference.
It's really small and not the kind of thing you'd like to use to develop full designs, but for my purposes, it's great and runs Alibre just fine.

IMG_2933.jpg

DIXON

heidtwd, that's a cracking little machine, I have never heard of GPD. and it runs Alibre fine, that is good. very nice.
Me personally have never got on with anything other than a desktop or workstation. but that's more down to me. I do have a custom built laptop [ built by Utopia here in Scotland] very spendy but also very very fast and I hardly ever use it !!!

I will have a look see at GPD [ more to do with me being curious ] thanks for the pic/ info.

heidtwd

heidtwd, that's a cracking little machine, I have never heard of GPD. and it runs Alibre fine, that is good. very nice.
Me personally have never got on with anything other than a desktop or workstation. but that's more down to me. I do have a custom built laptop [ built by Utopia here in Scotland] very spendy but also very very fast and I hardly ever use it !!!

I will have a look see at GPD [ more to do with me being curious ] thanks for the pic/ info.
I have been pleasantly surprised with the little GPD. It's no speed demon, but for less than $500 USD, runs Win10 and anything I've thrown at it!

aptivaboy

I got it to run on a little HP X2 convertible a couple of ears ago. It has an Intel Atom cpu and flash memory for storage, with an 11 inch screen. You have to turn a lot of background stuff off, but it's workable. It really is amazing how much can be done nowadays on fair to middling machines.