What's new

Need advice on creating planetary gear

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Hi Oldbelt,
The PDF doesn't have any gear....Please send it again plus the assemble in STEP file.
Thanks!
1651867890652.png

Oldbelt

Alibre Super User
The former was functioned at my PC, I don't now what happens.
A new trial,

Attachments

• Planetary_Gear_1_24 (1).pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 11

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
3D PDFs are only viewable in Adobe PDF software. If your computer has some other software set as default for PDF viewing the file will seem to be empty.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
3D PDFs are only viewable in Adobe PDF software. If your computer has some other software set as default for PDF viewing the file will seem to be empty.
I figured that this was happening since I usually use my old machine that has PDF V8.
Thanks!

Kunstmaan

Alibre Super User
This package contain all parts, open every single part and export them as .STL for 3-D printing.
The gear housing isn't finished you have a lot of work to do!!
Thnx, I allready started on the connection to the DC motor
SUN-1+collarr.jpg
It can also be used to tattach to smaller axle diameters

Attachments

• SUN-1+collarr.AD_PKG
    2.5 MB · Views: 4

Oldbelt

Alibre Super User
How about the motor and gear?.
SectionDetail.JPG

Attachments

• HousingShild W Motor_Sun1 (1).AD_DRW
    362 KB · Views: 3
  • HousingShild W Motor_Sun1 (1).AD_ASM
    233.5 KB · Views: 6

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Very, very good.
How about better torque:
Edit: The brushless-dc-motors's concept is good but in this specific case 10,000 RPM is so much.

Last edited:

Oldbelt

Alibre Super User
Why do you talk about a smaller motor axel dia. you specified a certain motor with 8mm axel, my design is based at that spec and the motor is in the assembly.
If you want to use the "connector" you show in a post #69 you ned to design another end shield for mounting the motor.
Please remark the motor axel is axel for first stage planetary carrier. Look at the detailed view in post .#71 It rotates about a ball bearing.
If the motor is mounted with the axel end to end of SUN1 with your connector, its another Gear design and you most do it your self.
In #65 I delivered a finish Gear design and I see my effort to help finished.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Hi Oldbelt and all,
I am analyzing your design and I think I understand the concept:
1652032640782.png

Oldbelt

Alibre Super User
Hi Giov
I think I understand the concept:

Not to the the full extend, see the detailed view. Planet 1 Carrier is rotating around the ball bearing at the motor axel.
Please remark the motor axel is axel for first stage planetary carrier. Look at the detailed view in post #71 It rotates about a ball bearing.
Sun2 is fixed to first stage planetary carrier.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Not to the the full extend, see the detailed view. Planet 1 Carrier is rotating around the ball bearing at the motor axel.
Please remark the motor axel is axel for first stage planetary carrier. Look at the detailed view in post #71 It rotates about a ball bearing.
Sun2 is fixed to first stage planetary carrier.
Not easy to understand for me..
1652044267030.png
Edited: Add Text "Bearing"

Last edited: