What's new

Need Help Creating A KeyShot Scene

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
Howdy :)

I was wondering how can I create a scene. I want to place the attached pic as a back ground with a model supposed on along with some text (forming a logo). I am wondering if any one knows how to this?

Thanks in advance :D

Rocket Nut

Attachments

• Big-Blue-Marble.jpg
    Big-Blue-Marble.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 7

JST

Alibre Super User
What you want is to use it as a "backplate image" or background. That should be a JPEG

If you put it as a jpeg in the users/public/public documents/keyshot 6/outdoor (or indoor, or studio if you prefer) you should be able to select it using the environment tab in "project". "Background" is down the list a bit, you select "backplate image", and should then be able to browse for the image you want.

Select the one you want and it will appear as the background.

jhiker

Alibre Super User
As JST says, it's easy to use any picture as a background.

You might also consider using the picture as a 'label' - you can have a lot of fun with this.
Lose the black background around the globe (open in GIMP, add 'alpha channel', select black background and delete). Save the globe as a PNG.
Open Keyshot - add geometry - sphere.
Double-click on sphere - add label - navigate to where you saved 'Globe', position it and accept. Add other labels as required.
You can add labels to any geometry you create.

Attachments

• World.jpg
    World.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 11

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
Thanks for the suggestions :D

I did a test pic (see attached screen shot) and looks great. Now I have to superimpose the text (S.E.R.A.) on top. I can not find the label command to place the text.

Attachments

• MAMMOTH Stage 1 ClusterBooster V2.80.jpg
    MAMMOTH Stage 1 ClusterBooster V2.80.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 8

jhiker

Alibre Super User
Do you want it placed on the actual model or somewhere on the picture?
If the latter, you'd be better off doing it in Photoshop or GIMP - it'll be easier.

jhiker

Alibre Super User
If you want it on the model, double-click on the surface of interest and you should see this.....

Choose 'Labels - add Label, etc.'

Attachments

• 2016-05-16_16h57_32.jpg
    2016-05-16_16h57_32.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 5

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
I did know about GIMP. Thanks for the tip jhiker. I just down Loaded and will try it this afternoon.

jhiker

Alibre Super User
RocketNut said:
I did know about GIMP. Thanks for the tip jhiker. I just down Loaded and will try it this afternoon.
I would advise you to get familiar with the concept of layers. Once you get the hang of that there are lots of options.