What's new

Never used a material feature before. How do I extract the weight from a drawing,

I've told the software that it is making a part of 6061 aluminum! I've really got to control the weight of this thing as it will be crawling up palm trees??

Thaks for any time you spend on this!!!

David

Ken226

Alibre Super User
Inspect tab, then physical properties.

Hit the "calculate" button.

And if you don't actually set a material, whatever default inert matter Alibre uses as its default seems to be quite dense! :)

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Thanks ever so much, I can derive the rest of the weight by adding combined weight of components!! For the most part!!
If the components are all in a single assembly, you can get the combined weight by looking at the properties at the assembly level. Things like Centre of Mass/Gravity are also combined at assembly level too.

I have a drawing that I've completed. I drew it as one piece then at the end, I severed the two pieces which was my plan from the start. I would like to save them as separate pieces now. Not having much success. Enclosing a package!! Thanks for any time you all spend.

Attachments

• new rotary table 1.1.AD_PKG
    409.4 KB · Views: 2

albie0803

Alibre Super User
You have created your assembly as a single part. You need to divide it up into its separate parts and then assemble it using constraints in an assembly.

or do a save as to duplicate the part and then remove the bits you don't want from each part until you are left with the individual mating parts.

Ken226

Alibre Super User
that motor is a labor of love it appears to me, thanks for sharing it!!!

Thank you. I put some renderings up in the Media section awhile back.

It was a self training project. To help myself learn Alibre I went through my old college lab courses and recreated some of my Autocad and Inventor training projects using Alibre.