What's new

New drawing shows wrong view.

kiwiavi

I'm creating a DXF from a model and it shows the wrong view. See attached.

CreateDXF.jpg

DXF.jpg

Attachments

• CreateDXF.jpg
    CreateDXF.jpg
    481.9 KB · Views: 10
  • DXF.jpg
    DXF.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 13

Ken226

Alibre Super User
There's no way to determine from the pics what it is that's happening. Can you upload the part file?

Ken226

Alibre Super User
You can just click the "Attach Files" button,

Here

Untitled.png

Or just drag and drop into the field your typing in.

Ken226

Alibre Super User
Forgot to add,

It's the 3d model file, .stp or .ad_prt part ill need. To see if my system will create drawings showing additional views. To troubleshoot, it will tell us if its your file that is the problem, or your computer.

If your file works fine on my computer, then your file is good and we can look at your computer/software.

If your file has the same problem on my computer, then your file is the problem. etc.

The two links you posted above aren't working for me. I click them and nothing happens.

Last edited:

Ken226

Alibre Super User
Untitled.jpg

And,

The file you attached is the .ad_drw file (the drawing file).

I need the .stp or .ad_prt file. The actual model.

Ken226

Alibre Super User
When you provide only the .ad_drw file, i get this error:

1659928689244.png

Because the drawing is looking for the associated part file. Which I don't have..

Ken226

Alibre Super User
I don't mean to sound condescending and don't wanna state the obvious, but I don't know your level of familiarity with the software. If you've tried this, disregard.

you tried the arrows and buttons at the initial prompt, for setting the desired views?

Untitled.jpg

Here's a video that may help.

Last edited:

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
If you want to attach a drawing then you need to create a Package file. (File>Package>Create) That will gather the drawing and the model used to create it.
And, by the way, it's the same when attaching an assembly, create a Package file. Otherwise it cannot be opened with any success.

kiwiavi

I don't mean to sound condescending and don't wanna state the obvious, but I don't know your level of familiarity with the software. If you've tried this, disregard.

you tried the arrows and buttons at the initial prompt, for setting the desired views?

View attachment 36766

Here's a video that may help.

I'm new. I did select the view as you indicated but ended up the the 90 deg overlapped version. I have used this before and worked with the front elevation, but the side seems to have a problem.

No problem here.

Attachments

• Correct.jpg
    Correct.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 9

kiwiavi

Ok I found out what is wrong. For some reason the spacing between the 3 views is too small. It is all there just they are overlapped.