What's new

New Keyshot for Alibre 2017

wildwood58

While I'm waiting for a response from Keyshot, has anyone had any problems dithe the new Keyshot ? I downloaded the new kgyxhot from the Alibre downloads page, and installed. When I attempted to open Keyshot froze before fully opening. I had not in-installed my previous versions 3 and 4 .

So I uninstalled all three versions and then re downloaded and re installed the new Keyshot , same result, encounters a problem and will not open.

Has anyone else experienced this ??

P.S.

Alibre 2017 is working flawlessly

I uninstalled Geomagic Design and Keyshot. Then I installed Alibre 2017 and the new Keyshot . I've opened many of my saved renders and also exported from Alibre menu, everything works fine. Try uninstalling everything and clean out registry. Maybe something is hanging on and gumming up the works. So far everything works in the transition, even Alibre CAM 3.

Attachments

• KEYSHOT.JPG
    KEYSHOT.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 15
Save way is to use a program like Ccleaner https://www.piriform.com/get-ccleaner

Or open your registry in regedit and do a search for alibre and key shot. Keep searching and deleting every instance of Alibre and Keyshot till your search doesn't reveal any more. Make sure you back up the registry before hand in case something gets messed up. I've had this trouble before with some programs and once I uninstall them and then clean the registry they install well the next time. Make sure you get rid of any old folders where Alibre and Keyshot were stored on the hard drive as well. This way it's a clean install. If there are files you need back them up.

wildwood58

Keyshot has given up on my problem, their tech support has no knowledge of the keyshot for Alibre (really?!) I'm going to try downloading keyshot from luxion site see if that makes a difference

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
wildwood58 said:
Keyshot has given up on my problem, their tech support has no knowledge of the keyshot for Alibre (really?!)
Of course they don't - It states on the Keyshot Plugin page that for 3rd party plug ins you should contact the vendor (Alibre) for support.
I'm going to try downloading keyshot from luxion site see if that makes a difference
If you download Keyshot HD it should be the same as the Alibre version EXCEPT it will have more import options. As I understand it, the bundled versions will only import files from the program they are bundled with.

wildwood58

Ran the ccleaner 5 times, there were over 8000 issues, finally cleared them all. Tech support told me today that Keyshot would not work since I was not on maintenance, I was planning on re-instating anyway, so I contacted sales and now am good until 2020.

I downloaded Keyshot for Alibre from the Alibre downloads page and installed, unfortunately I still have the same issue, Keyshot splash screen, programs opens and after 5-10 seconds pop up "Keyshot has stopped working" a few more seconds another pop up windows is collecting information looking for a solution , a few more seconds another " program has stopped working" and must close windows will notify you if a solution is found

Anyone have any ideas what's going on?

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
How is Alibre running?
Did you restart your computer after installing Alibre or before installing Keyshot?

wildwood58

Keyshot 6 is working !
I followed the steps from the Alibre fresh desk help page, I did everything except down load the visual C++ and .net
By the way I am running directx11
And I opened up keyshot 6. And it's working !!!
Thank you Alibre Tech support (Brian) and Luxion tech support (Niko) for your help !!

John Lott