What's new

new to keyshot

dammerel

hi all, i have AD expert and wanted to give keyshot a go
so i ask supports for a licence key, i put in the licence key and started keyshot
i still noticed that the title unregistered demo?? and i have watermarks on the screen

question is, i understood that expert came with a free licence to use keyshot or is it just a demo version??

thanks

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Keyshot has for some while been bundled with Pro & Expert - but has not always been so. Some long standing customers may not have access.

The 'key' that is provided by Geomagic is a 'registration key', it is not a licence key - it is used to register your copy of Keyshot to your PC. The licensing/registration dialogue for Keyshot could be clearer - don't choose the option that mentions licence file, choose the other option that isn't 'run as demo'. You should only have to do this once.

BTW - if the key has just been issued by Geomagic it will be for Keyshot 4, and will NOT work with Keyshot 3 - make sure you have the correct version installed before attempting to register it.

dammerel

Thanks David
Still wont register so I put in a support call (and wait the usual 2 weeks for an answer..)
What is your opinion on keyshot? is it a good renderer?
Do I understand that if you pay a small fee we alibre expert users can get the full keyshot version? (AUD$199)
I would also like to render other files like sketchup, IV etc

Andrew

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
To be honest I hardly do any rendering - I occasionally show the basics to customers/potential customers.

Biggest benefit of Keyshot is ease of use - it is very simple/quick to get a reasonable result. I haven't used Keyshot 4 yet. If you need to apply different materials to different faces of the same part, then I believe workarounds are required.

The upgraded version available from Alibre is NOT the 'Full' version that can be bought from Luxion - it does not import CAD files from other systems (but hopeflly you can use Alibre to do the importing... The upgraded version does give off line rendering, larger pixel count, alpha channel - check the web site.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Your reseller should sort this out for you ! That's what they get a percentage of the subscription fee for...